WHAT IS DYSPORT®?
Wrinkles aren’t your style and the “frozen look” isn’t either. For adults who want a natural look, there’s Dysport, a prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Untreated muscles still work normally, so you can continue to express feelings naturally. It’s the lines that are minimized, not your expressions.
And because Dysport delivers the natural-looking results people want, 97% of users say they’d do it again.1*†‡ Additionally, Dysport is approved in 69 countries2 and has 25 years of clinical experience worldwide.3§ Find out more about Dysportbelow, including how it works and what you need to know before starting treatment.
*Subject’s satisfaction and self-perception reported 3 weeks after treatment (n=531).
† Design: Multicenter, prospective, non-interventional observational study conducted in France, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom (n=533). Subjects were eligible if the investigator had decided to prescribe Dysport according to the labeling. Subjects completed questionnaires at 3 weeks and 4 months after treatment.
‡User = Clinical trial subject.
§Includes therapeutic and aesthetic uses
Learn More About Dysport
One injection. Five points.
Dysport treats moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows by reducing specific muscle activity. Wrinkles are caused by repeated movements and muscle contractions1, which means they can even develop in younger adults. One injection into each of 5 points between and above the eyebrows temporarily prevents muscle contractions that cause frown lines, leaving the rest of your face to move naturally. In other words, no frozen look, just natural-looking results. You can control your look instead of your look controlling you.
Cited from https://www.dysportusa.com/what-is-dysport
Aging & Wrinkles
Understand your skin
The more you know about your skin’s aging process, the better you’ll be able to keep it looking its best. Scroll down for helpful information and tips about between the brow frown lines and wrinkles so you and your healthcare provider can decide if Dysport is right for you.
Frown line facts:
Your skin care regimen probably includes a number of over-the-counter cosmetic products. That’s perfectly fine. But when it comes to improving the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, a prescription treatment may be the right choice for lasting results.
Avoid UV exposure.
Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays is thought to be a major culprit for rapidly aging skin. Sun damages your skin and causes a loss of collagen, which can lead to drooping and wrinkles.2 If you’re the outdoorsy type, think sunblock and shade to help keep your skin as healthy and young-looking as possible.
Drinking plenty of water will help prevent your skin from becoming overly dry.
Avoid processed foods and sugars.
When sugar comes in contact with collagen (a protein), a reaction called glycation occurs. Glycation can damage collagen, compromise the integrity and regeneration of skin tissue, and accelerate aging of the skin.5,6
Aging in men
Gentlemen, congratulations on making the bold choice to treat your frown lines between your eyebrows. The fact is, because your face moves when you frown, smile or squint, frown lines can still appear even if you use the best men’s skin care products. And, as a man, your expression lines tend to be deeper, so a prescription injection could be the treatment you need to get the natural look you want. Check out our gallery to see how Dysport can help improve the appearance of between-the-brow frown lines for men.
Aging in women
Work out. Eat right. Take care of your skin. Rinse. Repeat. It’s your every day. Everything you do in your daily routine can help you stay happy and healthy. But sometimes, for those inevitable things in life — like frown lines between the eyebrows — a step outside the routine may be in order. Everybody ages differently, but if you express yourself through movements in your face (like most people do), Dysport can help smooth those frown lines and get the natural look you want. See how Dysport works.
- Molina B, Grangier Y, Mole B, et al. Ribe N. Patient satisfaction after the treatment of glabellar lines with Botulinum toxin type A (Speywood Unit): a multi-centre, prospective, non-interventional European observational study. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015 Jul;29(7):1382-1388. doi:10.1111/jdv.12881. Epub 2014 Dec 12.
- Papakonstantinou E, Roth M, Karakiulakis G. Hyaluronic Acid: A key molecule in skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):253-258.
- Vleggaar D, Fitzgerald R. Dermatological implications of skeletal aging: a focus on supraperiosteal volumization for perioral rejuvenation. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7(3):209-220.
- Ganjoo A. 35A Aging Skin. In: Venkataram M, ed. ACS(I) Textbook on Cutaneous & Aesthetic Surgery. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers; 2012:545-549.
- Lyons TJ, Bailie KE, Dyer DG, Dunn JA, Baynes JW. Decrease in skin collagen glycation with improved glycemic control in patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Clin Invest. 1991;87(6):1910-1915.
- Dandby FW. Nutrition and aging skin: sugar and glycation. Clin Dermatol. 2010;28(4):409-411.
Cited from https://www.dysportusa.com/aging-and-wrinkles