Long pulse Nd: Yag (vein treatment) in Brandon, FL
Long pulse Nd: Yag (vein treatment)
Using a laser energy like long pulse Nd: yag for veins allows a direct and more specific energy to be delivered right into the veins. Whereas IPL can be used for veins but has been shown to be less effective at times in getting larger or more resistant veins. Often times we combine IPL and Nd:yag to accomplish the goal of getting skin less red, veins to be made smaller or gone altogether.
Frequently Asked Questions About Long Pulse Nd: Yag (Vein Treatment)
What should I do before my treatment?
It is very important to follow some basic instructions for before and after care.
1. Stay out of the sun and tanning beds for at least for 4 weeks or longer depending on how long you keep a tan after sun or tanning bed exposure.
2. Avoid self- tanners or bronzers.
3. Do not wax, pluck, have threading or electrolysis for at least 2-4 weeks prior to treatment (depending on the area being treated).
4. Avoid medications that your skin more sensitive such as aspirin, NSAIDs(anti-inflammatories), skin care products with alpha-hydroxy acids(AHA’s)
5. Some people need medication to pre-teat and prepare their skin prior to having laser. This will be decided at your consultation. The medications can be both topical and/or oral.
What should I do after my treatment?
- Avoid all sun or tanning bed.
- Avoid hot saunas or hot tubs immediately after treatment
- Avoid exfoliating the area treated and keep from putting creams and lotions not cleared by your healthcare practitioner.
- You can use ice to cool off the area treated and if instructed you may use a steroid cream to the affected area.
- Do not use any topical medications unless cleared by Redefine Beauty Aesthetics.
- Do not apply make-up or sunscreens until directed by Redefine Beauty Aesthetics.
- Avoid or use extreme caution around pets and cleaning litter boxes as infection from bacteria from the pet’s tongues etc.
When will I see results?
Depending on the depth of the treatment you may see results in a few days or it may take months for you to see more results. It can take several treatments to treat veins and depending on the area being treated it may require 3-5 treatments to bring you the best results.
Will I have downtime?
Typically, laser treatment to your veins does not give you “downtime” but you may notice the veins treated appear darker or even see bruising around the veins for 1-7 days on the face and for 1-3 weeks on the body, post treatment. The darkened veins or bruising is usually easily covered with makeup and typically the areas do not feel painful. The body gradually absorbs the blood from the vein and thus leaving clear skin. In many cases over the series of treatments you will see the size of the veins decreasing before they are completely “gone”.
Will laser treatment of my veins hurt?
Most patients find treatment to feel like a rubber snapping on their skin or a mild sun burn on the skin. To control the discomfort, we use topical numbing cream and ice and can even inject local numbing to provide more comfort. After the treatment that feeling of heat and sunburn will vary based on the depth of the treatment.
How far apart are treatments?
Typically, treatments are scheduled are 4-8 weeks apart and the time depends on the area being treated.