What is Restylane?
Restylane is a Dermal Filler Available at Redefine Beauty Aesthetics
With over 30 million treatments worldwide and counting,5 the Restylane line of hyaluronic acid fillers provides natural-looking results by smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds (Restylane,8 Restylane Lyft,9 Restylane Refyne,2 Restylane Defyne3), providing subtle lip enhancement (Restylane,8 Restylane Silk10), smoothing the lines around the mouth (Restylane Silk10), and adding lift and volume to the cheeks (Restylane Lyft9), and reversing the signs of volume loss in the backs of hands (Restylane Lyft9).
Introducing Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne
Made with XpresHAn Technology™, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne help offer just the right amount of lift to laugh lines (nasolabial folds and marionette lines)—all while preserving your ability to show your range of natural facial expressions.1-4
Restylane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid, helping to visibly correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the lines that run from your nose toward the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds) and the lines that run from the corners of your mouth toward the chin (marionette lines).
Additionally, Restylane and Restylane® Silk are FDA-approved for lip enhancement in patients over the age of 21, and are uniquely formulated to give your lips fullness and definition.
Smile Lines – Treat the area that extends from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
Important Safety Information
The Restylane family of products includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne.
Restylane® and Restylane-L® are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21. Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is also indicated for injection into the subcutaneous plane in the dorsal hand to correct volume deficit in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Silk is for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in patients over the age of 21.
Are there any reasons why I should not use products within the Restylane® family? (Contraindications)
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
Are there other precautions that I should discuss with my doctor?
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.Restylane and Restylane-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is also intended for injection in the dorsal hand to correct volume loss. Treatments in other areas of the face or body have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
- Tell your doctor if you have diseases, injuries, or disabilities of the hand.
What are the possible side effects?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site, and impaired hand function. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with any of the Restylane products, please call Galderma Laboratories, L.P. at 1-855-425-8722.
The Restylane family of products is available only through a licensed practitioner. Complete Instructions for Use are available at www.RestylaneUSA.com.
Restylane Silk Product & Safety Information
Restylane Lyft Product & Safety Information
Restylane Product & Safety Information
Restylane Refyne Product & Safety Information
Restylane Defyne Product & Safety Information
© 2018 Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Before & After Restylane
Aging Skin 101
Achieve a More Youthful-Looking You
WHAT HAPPENS AS WE AGE?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity
- Hyaluronic acid diminishes as we age, causing skin to lose volume while increasing the chances for wrinkles and folds to appear
To Combat Signs of Aging
There are Three Major Kinds of Anti-Aging Treatments
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing modify the surface of the skin to correct visible signs of sun damage, such as fine lines, irregular pigmentation and blemishes.
Toxins, traditional fillers (hyaluronic acid) and collagen stimulators are injected into facial areas to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles and restore facial contours. Hyaluronic acid can also be injected into the backs of the hands to help add fullness and volume for a smoother, fuller appearance.
A wide range of surgical procedures exist, like liposuction, face lifts and fat transfers, which are used to remove excess fat, lift severely sagging skin or restore volume. These are the most invasive types of treatment.
What We You Do to Help You?
Combat the Signs of Aging with Restylane
The good news is that you can do something about the signs of aging in the face and hands with products in the Restylane family — to help reveal a younger-looking you.
Products in the Restylane family are used to:
- provide natural-looking results by smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds and adding volume to lips (Restylane)3
- provide subtle lip enhancement and smoothing the lines around them (Restylane Silk)4
- add fullness to the cheeks, midface area, and the backs of the hands which can result in a more natural-looking, youthful appearance (Restylane Lyft)5
- provide natural-looking results to laugh lines with flexibility that allows you to maintain your natural expressions (Restylane Refyne & Restylane Defyne)6,7
That means you get minimally invasive, clinically proven, natural-looking results to help achieve the look you want. Talk to your healthcare provider today to determine if the Restylane family of products is right for you.